Port of Niterói
The Federal Government, through Decree No. 16,962 of June 24, 1925, granted authorization to the state government for the construction and commercial exploitation of the Port of Niterói, with initial installations of a 100 m pier and a general cargo warehouse.
On April 30, 1976, pursuant to Decree No. 77,534, the Port of Niterói had its concession extinguished, and its properties and activities were incorporated by Companhia Docas do Rio de Janeiro.
The main operation of the Port of Niterói, until June 2004 consisted of the import of wheat for the supply of the Atlantic Mill, located near the complex.
After the stoppage of this activity, due to the strategic location in Guanabara Bay, the port developed potential in meeting specific demands generated mainly in the context of marine repair and offshore support activities.
The terminals of the Port of Niterói today meet the logistics and cargo demand in offshore activity, focused on national and international oil and gas companies operating in the country. Nitshore and NitPort are the most modern logistics bases in support of offshore activities in Latin America, ready to meet the highest demands, with quality and expertise in the sector, responsible for support, manufacturing, repair and support, focused on modules of oil and gas production platforms and equipment.
The Port of Niterói offers logistical support, crane and forklift rentals, container rental, offices and meeting rooms, cement tanks, drilling and completement.