Port of Angra dos Reis
The Port of Angra dos Reis arose with the growing need to export coffee from the Paraíba Valley region, verified from 1923.
However, its activities were only effectively started in 1932, when the movement of cargo by sea consisted basically of imports
coal and wood. With the creation of the National Steel Company
- CSN, in 1945, the Port of Angra dos Reis began to receive coal from Imbituba -SC, in stable flows until the year 1963, when the supply of the product to the plant began to be carried out by road.
As a result of this change, the port, since 1970, has basically become an exporting pole of CSN's steel products, as well as an importer of wheat.
As of April 30, 1976, pursuant to Decree No. 77,534, the concession of administration and operation of the port granted to the State Government was extinguished, and then transferred to companhia Docas do Rio de Janeiro.
Although it has perfect integration between the modals of maritime, rail and road transport, the Port of Angra dos Reis remains essentially performing the functions of exporter of steel products and granite, as well as importer of wheat to supply the South Fluminense Mill.
in one of the most beautiful regions of the State of Rio de Janeiro, with perfect integration between the modals of maritime, rail and road transport, the Port of Angra dos Reis plays an important role in the movement of cargo and bulk and in the offshore support related to the prospecting activities of the Santos Basin.